Saturday, September 26, 2009

And the Scores Are In

My recruiter's boss drove me to and from MEPS yesterday after work, and when I was taking it, I felt like I was bombing at least a third of it. ET1 Johnson told me the national average score on the ASVAB is 48% out of a 99% possible percentile. That goes for people from High School and College. The test is in ten parts, covering English, math, paragraph comprehension, mechanical understanding, electrical understanding, among a few other topics. I took a little over two hours to complete it, with the maximum they allow being three hours. Only a few other people were taking it at the same time and they mostly breezed through it... not hardly enough time to read the questions!

I came home with a sizable headache from staring at a screen too long. My score: 94%.

My preliminary qualification: Any job I want. Wheeee!

I was starving by the time we were driving back... Once I got home, Mom and I went out to eat (our favorite Mexican place) and then we watched an episode of Foyle's War... into Monk, which we forgot about because Foyle was so good. :) Turned on Monk at 9:20, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't very impressed and I was a little creeped out at the same time (for various reasons).

As for today, I have straightened out my papers in my room and in my file folders, played a couple card games with Meg, read in my BJ's manual, and have done pretty much nothing else.

Jp

No comments: