Sunday, May 24, 2009

Marriage on the Mind

:)
Today Mom and I actually *went* to church! It was kinda nice for a change! The topic was the difference between true saving faith and religious faith. Very scriptural, and very good to listen to. I am going to make it a point to read in Hebrews this week, as some of that which we covered was very interesting, and I need to read the Bible more often in general.

Afterwords, the family was already over for lunch (build your own taco) and they had it ready to go when we got back!

We then all packed in the car and headed for our long time family friend's wedding a little after 2 o'clock. It was simple, beautiful, and meaningful. They had little white flowers and candles in the aisles, and the part I liked best is when they shared five words that they each thought described the other person... aww! It was a rather short service, and then we all headed from the church in Kirkland to Golden Gardens in North Seattle, where the reception was held at the beach in a meeting house.

It was so crowded, because of the gorgeous weather, but by the grace of God someone pulled out as we were heading out to find parking up on the hill. The food was great! They had cheese and fruit to start, and then a catered dinner, complete with spicy shredded pork and glazed salmon! Wow! The toasts were touching, especially since Jon's brothers were the groomsmen, and we've known them for so many years... they and my brother did Boy Scouts together all the way from Cub scouts to Eagle scouts... and then there was the dancing! I've never been to a wedding where both the bride and groom actually knew how to dance! It was lovely to watch. For practically the rest of the day they kept the music coming in all different styles: modern, classic, swing... they did it! My sister danced with my oldest sister's 4 year old daughter, who had never been to a wedding before and who LOVES to dance. She was so enthralled with the bride that she thought for sure the bride was a princess. LOL! What fun!

As for myself, I had a great time watching, and I did way too much thinking about marriage for one single day :) We dropped my sister and niece off at their new place that I hadn't seen yet... what an improvement! a swimming pool in the apartment's courtyard even! and then we came back and watched a single episode of MASH... Wowee, am I tired!

Jp

No comments: