Saturday, April 25, 2009

How Yesterday Was Wonderful

Testing day... after biking in the sun.

Absolutely gorgeous weather! No clouds, about 70 degrees, cool breezes... so I thought I'd like to bike all the way around Lake Sammamish. It was about 20 miles, starting at Marymoor Park in Redmond, biking south along the East Lake Sam. Pkwy to Issaquah, through the Lake Sam. State Park, and back north on the West Lk. Sam. Pkwy to my car at Marymoor. I don't think I'd like to do it again, as you have to bike with traffic most of the way. Once I was scared to death, going down a huge hill going north (ruts and all). But there were several times (when there was a nice bike lane) that I just adored my ride. It was such a glorious day.

Before I went any further with my inclinations from a couple days ago, I thought that I should see where I am for the running and swimming requirements. I went to Juanita High School (my Alma mater) and borrowed the use of the track. A mile and a half in 16 minutes (holy cow! I made the list on my first run!), according to my sister, who most generously volunteered to watch me suffer, and to time me. And then with about 15 minutes break, we went to the JHS pool, and I tried the 500 yds swim. This, I was not as worried about. I did 475 yds. in 10:33. I got a cramp in my right leg just before the last 25 yard link. Meg said it took me about 0:45 seconds every 25. So there's at least one thing I can do! The thing that I'm most worried about is push-ups; it's so difficult for me...

So I was red after the run, but the water was great! I've always hated running! But my seniors in ROTC really gave me good words of advice that helped me, for sure.

I told my parents about this Thursday night, after a frustrating photography class. They were not all that surprised... :) and they were supportive, like always.

Phew! It was great to get home and sit down. This morning my hamstrings are a little tight. But other than that, I'm feeling great!

Today, I am meeting a friend from Florida! She's up here for the weekend! So today is pretty much just relaxing and getting a few things done! Yey!

Jp

No comments: