Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winter Dreams

First snow of the season today! I first saw it around 3:30 today when I walked out of church from serving some ladies from a few of the area women's shelters a Christmas luncheon.

"When it snows, ain't it thrillin'?" You bet! Now I can actually, really start dreaming of white Christmases...

Sigh. :)

The rest of today was spent finishing up all the Christmas lights - just a few more strings to go on our pillars. And then I wrapped all of my presents for people. Not too many to shop for though.

But yesterday, I had the time of my life! It was all so dream-like!
I took my mom to a fancy dinner and then to the Seattle Symphony for a Christmas present. The show we saw was called "Winter Dreams" - a collection of Handel, Vivaldi and Tchaikovsky. The first two were shortish and were the first times I've heard just strings and a harpsichord live. They were so soothing and beautiful! And then Tchaikovsky's piece was just gorgeous! When we got home - around 10PM - and after I had changed out of my fancy clothes, I felt as if the whole thing had been a beautiful dream. What fun!

Here's to dreaming about lots of white stuff!

Jp

No comments: