Monday, December 22, 2008

It's beginning to not feel like Christmas

Just had a good cry, and it was quite refreshing.

Let me see if I can explain this to myself...

I'm upset that I can rarely communicate with my dad in meaningful ways.
I'm upset that my bro talked about my chatting with my friends with his friends.
I'm not happy that the snow will probably keep my aunt/ uncle/ gramma from coming over on Christmas like they do every year.
Although, we'd have our first "White Christmas" in... ever.
I'm upset that I have a hard time explaining myself sometimes.
I'm VERY upset that I rely so much on what other people think of me,
and what I do, in order to enjoy what I do and who I am.
It's so darned annoying, but it's the way I am!

And for heaven's sake, they made me come into work on a snow day.
(Jen thinks for a moment, and then realizes that she is grateful for her job.)

[and yes, I almost typed Betty-Jen to make it look more familar]

It's beginning to feel like Christmas again. Little by little...

Jp

No comments: