Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello Again

Too many things to do... so little time.

I spent way too much time on my website on Monday night.
So much so, that I was bummed I had to drive on Tuesday morning. And worried about driving home from class that night... but staying awake turned out not to be an issue. I just played some harder music and I was really excited about how much I loved my class anyway.

This was the final exam for the history side of class (which was so easy and fun!), and tomorrow is the final critique of all our good photos that we printed this quarter. And then I won't have class until January 13th! My goodness, I'm going to miss it, I already know! Carla told us a little about next quarter's class, where we will work with computers and printers. There are new textbooks to buy and memory to find... and she said that the UW has state-of-the-art negative and print scanners... so I can finally make all my important film pictures digital! YEY!!!!!

I started today off by sleeping in all the way to 7:45! Yeah! It's an hour and a half later than regular days at least. I then made myself a full bowl of oatmeal and a couple of scrambled eggs for a very rare weekday breakfast. This was because today I took a day of paid Personal Time Off (what we call PTO) from work to hang out with my sister as she proctored her final exam for her last class at Green River College in Kent. Writing fanfiction was easy in a quiet room full of students taking an essay test - too bad I don't get the opportunity more often. :) We then went to lunch together, at a place called Panera Bread. They have wonderful sandwiches and salads and soups... all on their own freshly baked bread (sort of a bread-lover's dream - mmm!). For lunch, I had half an Italian sandwich with a chicken noodle soup in a sourdough bread bowl! Wowsers!

When we got home (around 1:30) I helped mom bring in the groceries she bought and then headed out to do my Christmas shopping. I got it mostly all done! And since none of my family ever reads my blog... they think it's sort of silly... I got a great cold weather digital camo shirt for my brother, a little toy camo helmet for my nephew, a couple Christmas CD's for my dad's birthday today, both of the things I needed for the gift exchanges at work, and a few odds and ends. While at the surplus store in Woodinville, I found some WWII camo print pants. So I got them for myself because they were so darn cool. It's a brand new pair, printed on a modern style cut of BDU pants. :) I'm sort of geeky. I think I'll probably wear them if I go riding on Friday.

I'm very grateful for a day in the middle of the week to get things done! What a blessing! It was sort of a last minute choice to take it off, so it made it even that much more fun.

Tonight we hung the popcorn on the tree that we strung on Sunday when we watched our classic popcorn stringing movie: The Pink Panther Returns. LOL! Lots of fun memories! And we also put on the ornaments tonight to finish the job. This year we decided against doing the tinsel, and I don't mind so much.

Jp

No comments: