Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bits & Pieces

Just two notes of interest this week:

I finally put together my scrapbook from my China trip on Tuesday the 16th. I usually save most things like tickets and stickers and programs and name-tags from my trips and put them in books when I get back. Along with my music and all those usual things, I arranged all of my China posts into Word format so I don't have to rely on the Internet for safekeeping. It also made it easier to read, being in order from the top down, and made the book complete. Mom read the last half of it for the first time. She doesn't like reading off the Internet much.

Last night, the 17th, I went to a meeting for a drama co-op that was just starting out. The director and lead actress from my chruch's Christmas play in 1996 were leading the group, so it was much fun to see them again. I also found out that the lead actress then, was my age now. I think my life is flying by me; at least, so it seems. I'm just worried that tomorrow I'll wake up and find that I'm 35.

I was a backstage hand for that play, and remember getting to know Tracy (the lead actress)pretty well. We all did, really; my oldest sister was stage manager, and my other sister was some sort of understudy or assistant to the director. The director of the play had in her past worked with and learned from Alfred Hitchcock himself, so needless to say, she was an excellent director.

Jp

No comments: