Friday, August 29, 2008

Here We Go Again!

First band rehearsal last night! There's almost nothing as fun as playing 'Vict'ry' for the first time in, dare I say it... the fall. It's always exciting, especially after playing nothing but Olympic tunes for the last six months. I'm rockin' out to Husky songs while we play them - and I'm loving it!

Meggan just bought 'Get Smart', season 1, the other day, so we watched the pilot episode this week and I was surprised at how much I remembered from watching it as a kid - "the old, garbage trick!" LOL

The only marching that we're doing for the game on Saturday, is a pre-game show with "Vict'ry II" into a pull-out W, the Oregon fight song into a big "UO" (the crowd usually stops booing us at that point), "Mush Huskies" into a block formation, and finally we'll play the "Banner" with the Oregon band. Halftime is unfortunately, just standing in a block and rotating playing songs with the Oregon band - a mini battle of the bands...

At least I can have a little time at home now, before I have another rehearsal at 6:30, because I just got off work for the day! Ya-hoo! Fridays are incredible.

Jp

No comments: