Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Weekend...

Well, my sister, mother and brother made it home, safe and sound. We're all here again, and that's pretty cool! Mom and Meg were waiting for Dad and I when we got home from work... on Friday's, that's around noon! I work four 9 hour days, and then only 4 hours on Friday... I love Fridays.

The rest of Friday was spent hangin' with Meg. We love going to Half-price books together... it's sort of our mutual downfall. But at least it's fun to find cheap books and movies. I found this 4 part dvd set about Edward R. Murrow. It included a biography, stuff from the McCarthy Era, the "best of See it Now" and finally, part of "harvest of shame". I'm way excited to start watching that whenever we all get the time. My other weak spot, besides history, is CS Lewis books (I found a new one!) and books of marine photography (I found another one of those too! It was mostly Macro [close up] pictures, which I adore)

Saturday was spent picking, cleaning and packaging up strawberries. The 4 of us picked 45 lbs of them. My mom makes some killer jam and then, of course, there's strawberry shortcake. Our supply had been all used up, so we went out to Carnation, WA, and worked in the blistering sun for an hour or so. I chatted with my wenn friends in the evening, and my brother came home from Mexico. What a day!

Sunday, wonderful Sunday! After another awesome expository sermon (we're going though First Thessalonians at the present time), Meg, my friend Becky and I came home to a lovely lunch with the family to celebrate my oldest sister's birthday. We then proceeded to gobble up large quantities of shortcake with strawberries, which was wonderful. After playing with my niece and nephew and Meg's hamster and my other sister's baby rabbits (it was a full house), Becky, Meg and I went to see WALL-E! What a riot! The opening short was particularly clever.

Then, back at home, I introduced Becky to Remember WENN, the first two episodes. Instictively, the family all sat down and watched as well. All I can say is, "Well, there's a lot more on the way!" :)

Until Next Time,
Jp

1 comment:

VanillaRose said...

I'm looking forward to future episodes. :)