Friday, April 26, 2013

Two Very Fine Evenings

Yes, they were!

Only short evenings off this week... early on I managed to relax with watching a couple favorites... Ever After and Persuasion. In the car, I started listening to Six Frigates: The Epic History of the Founding of the US Navy. Right now I'm in the middle of Thomas Truxtun's first battle with the French in the Quasi-War. It's a very interesting read so far.

But Thursday and Friday were particularly nice...

Thursday the 25th, I went downtown to the Virginia Arts Festival's International Tattoo.


(That's His Majesty the King's Guard from Norway, and Pipes and Drums from the 1st Battalion, Scots Guards, UK, joined with pipe bands from Canada and Australia.) I loved the Norwegians, and all the Bagpipers, and the French Paratrooper Band. Also the fifes and drums from Colonial Williamsburg were fun to watch.

Friday, I joined a few of my fellow Sonar Techs at a Sonar Tech's house in Chesapeake for an evening of fun: snacks, chicken wings, grilled stuffed mushrooms, fresh baked crab dip, sweet tea, and I had two samplings of fruit flavored beer (peach, watermelon). We stayed until it got dark, chatted around a camp fire, and generally had a wonderful time hanging out and watching all the little kids play.

Jw

No comments: