Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Whale of a Good Time

After being let go from our holiday stand-down turnover day around 2pm, I raced home, changed into jeans, t-shirt and a sweatshirt (along with the knit winter Husky hat from my husband) and went on a shopping trip to the Pembroke Mall along Virginia Beach Blvd.

My mission was pretty simple: a frame for my 2'x3'48-star flag (from Florida), and some more of those Nike dri-fit crew socks that are so comfy. I went to Michael's first, found a perfect frame for $15, and a couple small posters as well. Had lunch in the same mall... mac'n cheese at Panera, and a chicken bowl at Chipotle, just one door down. Walked across the street on a whim to poke around B&N, found a half-price Tintin calendar, a book about Revolutionary War newspapers (from both sides), a neat bargain book about WWII battles (to compliment the Civil War one I bought a while ago), and a few magazines (BBC WWI Story - already read and enjoyed the WWII one last year, the next MHQ, and a scholarly-looking one about the Civil War).

Goodness! So much fun! Next door was an f.y.e.(bargain DVDs) and I picked up an animated version of Make Way For Ducklings (and more Robert McCloskey stories), the romantic comedy Hitch (Will Smith) for a dollar, Megamind (on sale), and a set of Star Trek II & IV.

Back across the street, I picked up a couple of essentials from Walgreens, then drove over to Kohl's for the socks. Besides getting 3 packs of those on sale, I ran into some great after-Christmas sales and updated my wardrobe for the first time in a while... 4 pairs of pants, a top, an undershirt, a knit purple sweater, and some new slippers... all for $126. The receipt says I saved $187! A fair deal! :)

And I stopped by Target for another essential, and returned to Michael's for really cheap Christmas wrapping paper. I am prepared for next year! :)

Jw

No comments: