Thursday, October 13, 2011

Birds and Books

So tonight after class, I decided to get off base. Getting a little fried in school. Walked across the street to Sushiaia, enjoyed a "crunchy" roll and a couple small soft-shelled spider crabs deep fried in tempura. Walked a little further along my old haunt of the Liberty Station inlet waterfront, watching the birds... godwits, a crane, and a great blue heron. The last was fishing after the minnows... I knew this because they were flipping out of the water every so often, and because I saw it catch one after plunging its head into the reflective water.

This morning after muster I had a ton of time until I had to do anything... so I read the entire part 4 of the book we're reading for small group tomorrow night.

I'm still at Lib Station as I write this... I love the shrill call of the godwits, coupled with the peach and purple sky overhead.

Jw

No comments: