Monday, May 30, 2011

A Few Hours of Happiness

Woke up an hour earlier than I thought, and it's good I did. Took all that time to go through my room getting things together that I wanted to take back with me. Ended up with my backpack full of certain books I really wanted to read. :) I'm doing more of that these days. :) All of this, including getting things together for people to bring me this month, took from 6 to 8am, when we had a lovely last breakfast together. I made the scrambled eggs myself! Oh, was that good! More oatmeal, and toast too.

Got in the car at 9:00, and ended up saying our goodbyes at 9:25. I already had my ticket, so I went straight to the security line (which took a while). They even let me through with my pizza from the trip up here... so I had something to snack on during the flight. Made it to my gate on the N concourse 15 minutes before boarding time. Simply listened to music the whole way. Nothing happened the whole flight, except for the little kid behind me kicking my seat every now and then.

I walked the 2 miles back to base and into my room. Took me about an hour from the time we de-boarded. Was very hot... and hungry. So I went to Old Town for a burger, but that was closed. Had some Mexican instead, got very full, then suddenly on my way back to the car got very, very sad. I got on the phone and Mike talked with me for a very long time, comforting me and cheering me up. :)

What a day to remember.

Jp

No comments: