Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week In Review

This week has been wonderful, even if it was my first one back from home. :)

Monday morning was crazy though: they woke us up at 0400 in order to do drug testing (like who can be trusted when they're not being supervised by the Navy, right? :) But then they let us go back to sleep for a couple hours before we did lots of cleaning.

I decided to not be so worried about catching up to where they want me to be in class, and boy, did that make everything easier! I've had a better time of it, not being so up-tight. The Lord really answered my prayers about this!

I've also been successful at doing PT three times this week, doing shoulder/arm weights, core and cardio. And that felt really good too.

Basically, I've kept myself really busy, been really tired and enjoyed my Saturday morning by sleeping in. Did extra school on Thursday and today, and that's helped me feel not so rushed as well. Tuesday I made it to the Bible study, and I think I'll try and do all this next week again!

It's hard finding time for the Internet though!

Tonight I had a ball... watched an old movie of my own on one of the flat screens in the Loft, then headed straight over to the Bowling Center for two games with my roommates... we were all so bad I was able to win by a few points. The walk over there was just gorgeous! Had to go across the open field down the center of the base and it was pitch black out. Couldn't see a thing except the stars everywhere (mostly east, over the lake) and then the sliver of the moon and Jupiter burning right above it. The bare trees lined all the edges, and the beautiful clocktower's face was lit up along with the rows of lamp posts along the sidewalks... ahh, me. :)

Jp

No comments: