Monday, January 17, 2011

Of Sunday and Duty

I was so blessed to go to church with the Rosenbergs... another great sermon and good time with them at their tiny church, Sure Foundation. We didn't hang around long afterwords, though. Goodness, the playoff game was starting soon! :) Seattle was being hosted by the Chicago Bears... my host's favorite team, besides the Chicago Cubs. We went out to a breakfast all-you-can-eat and watched the first half. Seattle didn't answer any of the Bear's three touchdowns... so when we got back to the house, I opted for a nap the rest of the game.

When that disaster was over (my hosts were very happy with the outcome) we piled in the car and had a quick stop at the mall before going on to Robert's sister's house. His daughter needed something at the place she works at... so while showing me where the shoe store was (I needed something civilian besides my tennies) he bought me a chocolate-covered frozen banana... wow! That was good! We watched a little more football at his sister's, and then several of them had come back with take-out from a local burger place. I had a delicious chicken sandwich and some of the tons of fries that came with everything. :)

Today is duty day. I began with a three-hour watch starting at 0745. Had Subway with my roommates and then fixed two of my roommate's pants. Why doesn't anyone know how to sew? It's so easy! :) I really should work out sometime soon, but I'm so tired! Maybe I won't be so exhausted if I don't try to do things every minute of the days this week. Last week I did extra class four times... Lord help me just do more in class itself this week!

My weekend was so great! At two different times I completely forgot I was in the Navy, I was having so much fun. It was a good mental break.

Jp

No comments: