Monday, November 29, 2010

Best for Last

Sweet Sunday! I had so much fun the last few days, I didn't think it could get any better, but...

Got up around 8! Robert and Julie were coming between 0830 and 0900, so I had plenty of time to get my NSU's on with my brand new sweater. :)

The "Sure Foundation Church" met in a small building owned by another church. I've been to plenty of small churches before, but in this one they didn't overwhelm me with super-friendliness. :) The people were wonderful (lots of Navy and retired Navy), the pastor was great (good preaching, and excited about his ministry... he even sat down and talked with us afterwords, telling us a bit about the history), and the free food was fabulous (rice & meatballs, pies, drinks)! My new family have been bringing another sailor to church for a while now... he's also from Washington... and is on hold here for a few more months :( Very cool to meet people from my home state!

After the worship and teaching and eating and visiting we piled into the car to go have one of their favorite after-church treats... corn-just-off-the-cob with mayo, Parmesan cheese, butter and lime juice, served in a cup. Wow! I had mine light on the mayo, and it was incredibly good! What a treat!

They had talked about joining me for my afternoon movie on base, but their was a Bears game scheduled at the same time :) so they dropped me back at the base (and signed me back in). After relaxing a bit in my room, I found out that my roommate Allen was going to see it (Secretariat) as well. We took off for the theater (just across the base near the main gate) and we had a great time together, especially with that big bucket of buttered popcorn she got. :)

Needless to say, I had a lovely day and didn't need much of anything for dinner. :)

Monday... was shocking to get up at 0500! But school went really well. So well, in fact, that I went back for a couple hours more after I worked out with my other roommate at the fitness center under the Loft. Caught up with where I was supposed to be (and surpassed it) and finished my required 5 hours of extra study at the same time. Whew! I was tired by the end of that!

Gosh, the fitness center was amazing! It has incredibly new machines (no indoor track, hence the reason I hadn't visited it before) and new facilities with lots of room. I shall return, I think. :)

Jp

No comments: