Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One More Goodbye

I did make it on time this morning! In fact, I set my alarm for 5 so I could fall back asleep and still get there with plenty of time! :)

Here we are at breakfast...


Julie's friend took our picture and then I drove them to the Academy where they are student teachers. It's an internship that completes their teaching degree; Julie is working with First Graders.

I've decided to take it easy today and not go to Louisiana. :) It'd be an extra 5-6 hours of driving for just a quick look. I think my body would appreciate a slow day (only a five-hour drive back to Atlanta). That way I'll get more time with Linda and James too... sounds too good to pass up.

Jp

PS... It's now nearly 2pm (central) and I'm stopping for a little lunch at Panera Bread! Mmm... tortilla soup! Tuskegee is close by and I'm going to visit the National Historic Site for the WWII airmen.

I forgot to mention on the post about coming down here yesterday... I saw cotton fields for the first time! They were harvesting even! Coming back today I saw them at a different angle and it looked like fields of snow! Wow!

PPS... Had a wonderful evening with Linda and James! They had dinner for me... and we watched some of the news, an episode of Jeopardy, and three episodes of Pie in the Sky from Netflix. Another great time!

No comments: