Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On the Internet

Another slow day at home. There is a list of a few things that needed to get done that I mostly completed: I got a car rental for Atlanta for a good price... that was great! Planned a bit of the one-night trip I'm taking with Mom on the 17th... we're going to see the tip of Washington on the Makah Reservation at Cape Flattery. Planned and invited people to an open house send-off party for me on the 19th... from 2-5pm with hamburgers and snacks being served. After conferring with my recruiter, I decided to get my teeth assessed at least, and thankfully got a quick appointment squeezed in for Thursday morning. It was renewing the car insurance that got put off yet again.

I spent way too much time messing around on Facebook. It makes me wonder if I'm ever going to learn how to spend time wisely when I don't have somewhere to go. :) Dad treated Mom and I out to the Olive Garden, and although delicious, my stomach has shrunk so much I was barely able to make a dent in the dish I got! Back at home we watched "The Doughgirls" 1944... I think that was the screwiest of screwballs I've ever seen. And that was Eve Arden's fault. :)

We finished the day with a little Bible reading and a bit of prayer. That calmed my spirit like nothing else can. There are so many things right now that could make me go crazy if I continued to worry about them, instead of trusting the Lord like I should. An excellent reminder at the perfect time.

Jp

No comments: