Friday, April 30, 2010

Ready for a Weekend Nap

Everything is quiet now. I'm sitting comfortably in one of the soft armchairs in the kitchen/dining room. Spiffy is laid out at the top of the stairs and all I can hear is the clock ticking away seconds. At lunch this noon I took in "Fantastic Mr. Fox" and was pleasantly surprised with the differences between it and the movie I saw just last year.

Work was crazy for most of this week. The first few days I went over to building 30 at least twice and once, three times, because there were so many MO's that were finished and ready to be reviewed. On Wednesday I reviewed 28 in 6 hours. Today was a different story though, I had almost no work, so I went downstairs and logged in samples the entire time.

In other happenings we watched a movie on Monday that's not worth remembering and on Tuesday I spent a lovely evening with Mom reading Titus and praying for our family and friends. On Wednesday evening I went to a free safety class put on by the Redmond Police Department. Besides talking about how to prevent becoming a victim, they showed us a rather frightening surveillance video from a mall parking lot in Renton. I did walk unusually carefully to my car afterwords (it was even dark), but I successfully avoided having bad dreams.

Wednesday's chat with Mike was particularly fun, each of us having seen the forgettable movie I watched. We went on and on, and I wish we both didn't need sleep. :) Unfortunately, I was tired on Thursday, but nothing was really needing my attention. After work and a quick dinner I read "The Gnats of Knotty Pine" (Bill Peet) and some more in "Mr. Midshipman Hornblower" before I went to bed. Ah, sweet rest.

Jp

No comments: