Monday, March 22, 2010

Sleepin' In

Sunday was pretty relaxing. I woke up earlier than I wanted... my niece poked her head in and said hello... lol. But that meant I was up in time for a pancake breakfast :)

Later that morning we watched "The Ugly Dachshund" that Meg had just picked up from Half Price Books on Saturday. I did a little more planning for the big trip coming up as well. Had lunch right after the movie (gosh, I was still in my pajama pants!) and then I got some jeans on and we headed out for a quick visit to see Aunt Penny and Uncle Don in Monroe. They are getting new carpet, so Meg and Jason took some of the old stuff for their future accommodations. They were just finishing loading Jason's van when we arrived. We sat and visited for a while and Penny got out Danny the mechanical doggie that walks and sits and barks... the one we used to play with when Meg and I were kids. So funny!

I had quite a headache by the time we left... pretty sure it was the getting up early and watching a movie. So when we got home I went immediately to bed and didn't wake up til 7pm! Headache was gone, and so were the kids! (unrelated, I promise!) Their parents had come, watched a movie with my parents and left by the time I got up. I was sad I missed saying goodbye, but very glad I caught up on sleep. After a tiny bite to eat, we watched yet another movie, "They Call Me Mister Tibbs"... a 1970 murder mystery with Martin Landau and Sidney Poitier, and it's funny, because never do they call him "Mister Tibbs". Pretty good movie... and it was fun to watch with everyone.

Jp

No comments: