Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simply Elated

March 1st:

It was Monday morning. But mentally I was still on East Coast time, and I had gone to bed by 10:20 PST after catching up with Meg when she got home. So I awoke at 5:40 (in the morning) and didn't get up til my alarm went off by 5:59. I was rather awake, so I washed up, had breakfast and was out the door on time. What met my eyes took my breath away... peach and cream in the clear sky and cherry blossoms already blooming as I drove to work. Yes, this was the nicest Monday morning in the world. I was so relaxed that when I stopped in to talk with my boss, I had lost all recollection of anything that had happened before I left. "What Centaur books?" LOL

I was still relaxed when I got to my desk, and I worked hard to clear off my desk all day long. Lots of leftover MRB tasks took up the entire second half of the day. But as one of our new coworkers noted, I still looked relaxed at 4 PM.

When I got home, I ate dinner with Mom, scanned the newspaper about the end of the Olympics, and then proceeded to clean my room, getting rid of old clothes (goodwill) and putting the new ones away. I also got to bed by about 10:30 again, and I was quite worn out when I put my head on the pillow.

Lord, how I loved and needed the time off! Thanks!

Jp

No comments: