Friday, March 5, 2010

Peace at Home

Just a few more hours now of alone time.

All day Thursday I was by myself (when not at work) because Mom & Dad had taken off to see my brother that morning about 10 am, and Meg took them and then had school, so everyone was gone when I came home after work.

I had to work a little late because I took a bit extra time in the afternoon to cover Dad's class for him again. This time I read more in "Planet Narnia" while the kids took the test and it was a welcome reading break in the mid-afternoon.

After eating some leftovers for dinner, I broke out the puzzle that my grandparents gave me for Christmas... a Jane Austen puzzle in a box that looked like and opened like a book :) I was able to do the whole thing as it was only 500 pieces.


This morning I got to sleep in a touch since it's the late start on Fridays (8AM). Work was rather steady all morning with my program and the meeting we had on the tooling issues. After getting home late (I needed to sit and plan some details for tomorrow) I had more leftovers and took care of the dog. I went out in the front with him a couple times and basked in the bright sunshine and the 60 degree weather. I took my camera out too and had a good bit of fun doing self-portraits and doing macros of flowers. Other than that I've read a bit in a good book and relaxed.

Tomorrow promises to be fun... I am flying down to Phoenix to meet my brother and parents for a Seattle Mariners spring training game. I need to get to the airport by 4am for my 5am flight so I can get there before the 1:05pm start time in MST. That was the latest flight available! LOL! But this Saturday I should be online, since we'll be at a hotel. :)

I have my window open for the first time this year and I'm really enjoying the chirping birds, the fading light and the fresh air. Ah, beauty.

Jp

No comments: