Thursday, June 25, 2009

Entirely a Pleasant Evening

'
Right after work yesterday, my parents and I had a very quick dinner and then packed in the car to speed (not literally) to the University of Washington for graduation exercises for all the certificate programs. Out of 30+ students that completed the Certificate of Photography, there were only 6 of us there. But since there were over a hundred different programs, it's a good thing everyone didn't or it would have been an extra long night. When the announcer called our program, we six screamed "cheese" and our first student to walk took a picture of the audience in Meany Hall. Oh, we had fun together this last year.

It was a short and sweet ceremony: the speakers were concise! And during the procession of students, I recognized one name for sure: my former boss from Odegaard Undergraduate Library when I worked there as a senior in 2006! She sat in the row in front of me, so when I walked by, I sure did say 'hello'! She was surprised at seeing me there for sure, but I'm very glad she remembered me. Her certificate was in Nonprofit Management... wow!

On the way home we stopped by the UW Medical Center to see the first exhibition of my class's show. I had seen everything many times before, but it was great to see it all up on the wall like that. And right after getting back in the car, a dear friend called and we talked a long while. :)

And this morning, wonder of wonders, I felt (and still feel) awake after pulling myself out of bed!

Tonight we're celebrating my eldest sister's birthday, and tomorrow begins that Old-Time Radio Convention that I found out about last month. Fun things on the way! Yay!

Jp

No comments: