Friday, June 5, 2009

A Blast of Fresh Air

It could hardly be described as a "breath".

There my sister and I were last night, sitting and sweltering in the living room at 90 degrees with the windows wide open... and in sleeveless shirts... I had my laptop open (sometimes there is nothing quite so funny as a forgotten joke from a couple of old chats) and she had her logic grading... and we were watching MASH. My gosh! We're almost halfway through season 9!

Anyway, there we were in the middle of the episode; without any warning, a wall of wind hits the house. We hear Old Glory snapping smartly in ripples out the window and pieces of paper start flying around the room. So we paused Klinger in the middle of his speech about trying to re-enlist in order to batten down the hatches (or make sure things were okay). I went outside and was met with the most refreshing blast of wind I've felt in a long time. For the first time in a week I saw an ominous cloud cover instead of the sun, and our proud, tall firs were bending over from the breeze.

It literally dropped 14 degrees in about five minutes. Although with the furious wind, the clouds were gone in a hour or so and we were treated to a brilliant, near-to-full moon.

Jp

No comments: