Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Color Blue Sounds Like:

Me... I'm sad, but very proud.

When Zac left... God! Here come the tears again.

I wish I could be going too.

I never wanted to experience this, which millions of families have done before me.

When the recruiter pulled away out of the driveway with him in the car, I watched from the extra bedroom. I quietly sang "When Johnny Comes..." And now I feel absolutely terrible.

It's not really that I'm worried about his safety... yet. It's just that he's gone. He's not going to live with us anymore. He's gone.

My brother is doing what I only dreamed about for at least ten years of my life.

He's going to be a Leatherneck.

Lord God, I'm proud of him.

And tomorrow, I have to go to work, do a workout, and lead a very normal life without him. I wish depression or sadness, or whatever you want to call it didn't make you so darned lazy and disinterested in life.

Semper Fi,
Jp

No comments: