Friday, July 25, 2008

Here we go...

In just a couple hours, I'm gonna head over to Bothell to begin our mini band-camp for the China trip. Tonight we'll be rehearsing our music for tomorrow night's parade. I can't believe it's here already...

I was able to clean most of my stuff up at work today, in the few hours I had. It goes really fast when you have to get a certain amount of stuff done in a short period of time! I am taking all of next week off of work, although we don't have a rehearsal on Wednesday. It'll be a good time to pack before we head off at 4:30 AM on Thursday, the 31st. Ouch, that's gonna be a long day.

Last night the family watched parts 3, 4 and 5 of John Adams. I really liked them as well, but so far my favorite would definitely be part 2. I think this is because the drafting/ signing of the Declaration was in part 2. I was a little surprised how quickly they moved through the war, but then again, I was unaware that Mr. Adams was in Europe the whole time, and that he was not a part of the drafting of the Constitution. I really love all the actors they selected for this series though! Wow! George Washington is incredible! and Benjamin Franklin! Wow!

And to those of you listening, out there, right now, alone in a small room, or working late again at your computers... I saw the part in which Jefferson and Hamilton were hating each other and I went, "I'm sorry that I didn't get to see this before we shared our time over the Internet Relay Chat-waves together". (And to you, Rodney, I'm sorry for butchering that quote/ stealing your idea... LOL) Note my period outside of the parentheses. If I can't chat tomorrow, then darn it, I'm going to do it here.

And what's awesome, is that I'll get to see parts 6 and 7 before I leave! Yey!
And here's for another new episode of Monk tonight! Yey!

Until next time,
Jp

1 comment:

Rodney said...

"Note my period outside of the parentheses."

You, you, you . . . flouter! :)

Have fun at camp and beyond!